¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Gnatty
1. infested with gnats [adj -TIER, -TIEST]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Gnatty Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Gnatty
Literary usage of Gnatty
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. History of Harrison County, West Virginia: From the Early Days of by Henry Haymond (1910)
"John Ratliff, assignee to Henry Smith, 1000 acres on gnatty Creek, to include his ... James Neal, assignee to John Morgan, 400 acres on gnatty Creek, ..."
2. Doddridge and Harrison Counties by D. B. Reger, Charles N. Mooney, W. J. Latimer (1912)
"From Elk City to the mouth of gnatty creek, Elk falls 82 feet in 10 miles, ... From the mouth of gnatty to Clarksburg, it falls only 76 feet in 13.2 miles, ..."
3. Barbour and Upshur Counties and Western Portion of Randolph County by David Bright Reger, D. Dee Teets, Israel Charles White, Charles Edwin Van Orstrand, William Armstrong Price (1918)
"8 on Map II), on Dick Drain of gnatty Creek, 1 mile south of ... 9 on Map II), on Right Branch.of gnatty Creek, 0.7 mile northwest of Century, ..."
4. The Wit and Humor of America by Marshall Pinckney Wilder (1911)
"... roguish, gnatty, flop-eared varmint! take it along! take it along! I only wish 'twas full of a'snic, and ox-vomit, ..."