Definition of Good speller
1. Noun. Someone who spells words.
Good Speller Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Good Speller Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Good Speller
Literary usage of Good speller
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Journal of Psychology by Edward Bradford ( Titchener, Granville Stanley Hall (1918)
"Q. 9-9.25, no bad spellers, one good speller. Q. 9.75-10, one bad speller, no good spellers. Q. 16.8, one bad speller. nearly peculiar to bad spellers than ..."
2. Teaching the Common Branches: A Textbook for Teachers of Rural and Graded by Werrett Wallace Charters (1913)
"Besides being able to spell correctly, to be a good speller one must be quick. There is a relation between a careful speller and a good speller. ..."
3. The R.I. Schoolmaster by Rhode Island Commissioner of Public Schools (1862)
"What do they represent when a long and short price Is given in a circular or catalogue, but wholesale anil retail prices? good speller, in a much higher ..."
4. The Works of Robert G. Ingersoll by Robert Green Ingersoll (1901)
"It seems to me utterly, absolutely, infinitely impossible that this will was written by a good speller. I know it was not. So do you. ..."
5. In the Company of Children by Joanne Hindley (1996)
"I 5 ound ifo ur J.«Hio do you know tnat Is a good speller? ... makes him/her a good speller? 5 Vl €. K.'^OWi A Tune (J^. ..."
6. Mind Training for Childrenby William Emer Miller by William Emer Miller (1920)
"BECOMING A good speller. Poor spelling is largely a matter of inattention. Continual inattention becomes a habit and the child soon finds himself decidedly ..."
7. The Michigan Teacher by Michigan Dept. of Public Instruction (1872)
"Д THOROUGHLY good speller is apt to cross his t'a and dot hut's, ... A thoroughly good speller will also be punctilious enough to invariably look up any ..."