¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Granolith
1. [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Granolith Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Granolith
Literary usage of Granolith
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Minutes of Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers by Institution of Civil Engineers (Great Britain) (1895)
"The hollow quoins and sill-stones are of Aberdeen granite, the coping-stones of best Heworth stone, and the altars of granolith (two parts of crushed ..."
2. The Social Welfare Forum: Official Proceedings ... Annual Forum by National Conference on Social Welfare, American Social Science Association, Conference of Charities (U.S., Conference of Charities (U.S.), National Conference of Social Work (U.S. (1885)
"Those of bath rooms, water-closets, etc., should be made of granolith or other material that will not absorb moisture. The stairways should always be of ..."
3. Commentaries on the Law of Municipal Corporations by John Forrest Dillon (1911)
"Tenant in dower in actual posses- plank, stone, or granolith" authorizes sion is an "owner" within the meaning an ordinance designating the particu- of the ..."
4. City Government by Commission by Clinton Rogers Woodruff (1911)
"seven miles of granolith sidewalks have been completed, and scores of other street improvements have been projected and are ready for completion by the ..."
5. Geology and Mineral Resources of New Brunswick by Geological Survey of Canada, Robert Wheelock Ells (1907)
"... but the demand for the former has greatly fallen off for sidewalks owing to the use of granolith or asphalt, while in the absence of blast furnaces ..."
6. Pennsylvania Acts of Assembly and Leading Court Opinions Applicable to Water by Francis Shunk Purviance, Pennsylvania Public Service Commission (1907)
"... and $8 for opening a street paved with asphalt or granolith, is not unreasonable. Landsdown Borough vs. Sprinfield Water Company, 16 Sup. Ct., 490. ..."