Definition of Granuloma venereum
1. Noun. A venereal disease caused by a bacterium of the genus Calymmatobacterium; characterized by a pimply rash of the skin in the genital and groin region.
Generic synonyms: Cupid's Disease, Cupid's Itch, Dose, Sexually Transmitted Disease, Social Disease, Std, Vd, Venereal Disease, Venereal Infection, Venus's Curse
Medical Definition of Granuloma venereum
Granuloma Venereum Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Granuloma Venereum Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Granuloma Venereum
Literary usage of Granuloma venereum
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Monographic Medicine by Albion Walter Hewlett, Henry Leopold Elsner (1916)
"granuloma venereum (Ulcerating Granuloma) Definition.—A chronic superficial ulceration in the region of the genitals occurring chiefly in tropical countries ..."
2. Skin and Venereal Diseases (1918)
"granuloma venereum. granuloma venereum, synonymous with granuloma of the pudenda, groin ulcera- tion and serpiginous ulceration of the genitals, ..."
3. Healthy People 2000: National Health Promotion & Disease Prevention by DIANE Publishing Company (2004)
"... with sexually transmitted diseases such as gonorrhea, syphilis, and lympho- granuloma venereum than among people who do not have these conditions. ..."
4. The Journal of Comparative Pathology and Therapeutics (1888)
"... that these were due to brucella, vibrio, Q_ fever or the ovine abortion virus of the psittacosis-lympho- granuloma venereum group (Stamp et al, 1950). ..."