Medical Definition of Granulosis
1. A mass of minute granules of any character. Synonym: granulosity. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Granulosis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Granulosis
Literary usage of Granulosis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Treatise on Diseases of the Skin for the Use of Advanced Students and by Henry Weightman Stelwagon (1914)
"granulosis Rubra Nasi.1—While the first case of this malady was recorded by ... zur granulosis rubra nasi," ibid.; Lebet, "Constitution a l'étude de ..."
2. Diseases of the Skin by Richard Lightburn Sutton (1919)
"granulosis rubra nasi. (Courtesy of Dr. JE Lane.) Definition.- A chronic inflammatory disease of the skin in the alar regions, characterized by localized ..."
3. The Principles and Practice of Dermatology: Designed for Students and by William Allen Pusey (1911)
"granulosis RUBRA NAS11 granulosis rubra nasi is a clinical entity described and named by Jadassohn in 1901 from a study of seven cases, although a case had ..."
4. Diseases of the Skin: A Textbook for Students and Practitioners by J. M. H. MacLeod (1921)
"26). TEEVAN. Pigment in the secretions (Med. Chir. Soc. Trans., Lond., 1845, xxviii. p. 6n). ORGANIC DISORDERS granulosis RUBRA NASI Syn. ..."
5. A Practical treatise on diseases of the skin for the use of students and by Oliver Samuel Ormsby (1921)
"Locally, the. nodules should be opened and dressed antiseptic-ally. The disease is stubborn but eventually terminates in recovery. granulosis RUBRA NASI. ..."
6. Diseases of the skin: Inluding the Acute Eruptive Fevers by Frank Crozer Knowles (1914)
"granulosis RUBRA NASI. This rare affection is usually limited to the front and sides of the nose, exceptionally, in addition, the upper lip, the cheek, ..."