Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Greedless Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Greedless
Literary usage of Greedless
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Harvard Classics by Charles William Eliot (1910)
"The Master said: " A man wise as Tsang Wu-chung, greedless as Kung-ch'o, bold as Chuang of Pien,' skilful as Jan Ch'iu, and graced with courtesy and music, ..."
2. Essential Principles of Teaching Reading and Literature in the Intermediate by Sterling Andrus Leonard (1922)
"But the pleasure here is mainly a pure and greedless one, in simply the contemplation of heaped stuffs and jewels. It is quite consistent with impulsively ..."
3. The Bengali Book of English Verse by Theodore Douglas Dunn (1918)
"O once again return to steadfast work, To duty and devotion, to her trance Of earnest meditation ; let her sit Once more unruffled, greedless, ..."
4. Sacred Writings by Confucius (1910)
"The Master said: "A man wise as Tsang Wu-chung, greedless as Kung-ch'o, bold as Chuang of Pien, skilful as Jan Ch'iu, and graced with courtesy and music, ..."
5. Social Conscience: Or, Homocracy Versus Monocracy in Story, Verse and Essay by Adam Abet (1920)
"... The greedless soul en fin the stingless tongue. 66 We stood at crossing, Copper Street and Gold, The moving panorama to behold; And as we glanced at ..."
6. The Nibelung's Ring: English Words to Richard Wagner's Der Ring Des by Richard Wagner, Alfred Forman (1877)
"They come near again.) Hear, Wotan, a word while we halt! Live with Freia in freedom ; lighter rate find I of ransom ; for greedless giants enough is the ..."