Definition of Green pea
1. Noun. Fresh pea.
Generic synonyms: Pea
Specialized synonyms: Snow Pea, Sugar Pea, Sugar Snap Pea, Split-pea
Green Pea Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Green Pea Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Green Pea
Literary usage of Green pea
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Annual Report by Entomological Society of Ontario, Ontario. Dept. of Agriculture (1899)
"By W. G Johnson, College Park, Md. Perhaps no insect in recent years has attracted more attention than the destructive green pea louse. ..."
2. Good Things to Eat, as Suggested by Rufus: A Collection of Practical Recipes by Rufus Estes (1911)
"... season to taste, then pour over broken bread in the tureen and serve. green pea SOUP—Put one quart of green peas into two cups of boiling water, ..."
3. Mrs. Putnam's Receipt Book: And Young Housekeeper's Assistant by Elizabeth H. Putnam (1869)
"Served with a dish of boiled rice, to eat with it, or toasted, bread. green pea SOUP. Put a shin of veal to boil in four quarts of water, with two onions, ..."
4. Mrs. Putnam's Receipt Book: And Young Housekeeper's Assistant by E. Putnam (1869)
"Served with a dish of boiled rice, to eat with it, or toasted bread. green pea SOUP. Put a shin of veal to boil in four quarts of water, with two onions, ..."
5. The Humorous Poetry of the English Language, from Chaucer to Saxe by James Parton (1884)
"The giblet may tire, the gravy pall, And the turtle lose its charm; But the Green Pea triumphs over them all, ..."
6. The Minnesota Horticulturist by Minnesota State Horticultural Society (1900)
"One is no larger than a medium sized green pea, with a very long slender stem. It is, however, quite productive, and the tree is a good, vigorous grower, ..."