Definition of Greyhound racing
1. Noun. The sport of racing greyhounds.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Greyhound Racing
Literary usage of Greyhound racing
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Adventure Guide to Ireland by Tina Neylon (2004)
"greyhound racing The popularity of greyhound racing in Ireland has soared in the last few years, with over a million attending in 2002. ..."
2. The Year-book of Facts in Science and Art by John Timbs (1877)
"—Lancet. greyhound racing (not coursing). Gold Mining in Victoria.— We have received from Mr. Richard Gibbs, the Registrar General of Victoria, ..."
3. Ireland Pocket Adventures by Tina Neylon (2007)
"... www.tramore-racecourse.com • Wexford is another coastal course, www. wexford races.ie greyhound racing The popularity of greyhound racing in lreland has ..."
4. Adventure Guide to Tampa Bay and Florida's West Coast by Chelle Koster Walton (2003)
"at Sarasota Kennel Club at 5400 Bradenton Rd., B1 941-355-7744, where greyhound racing happens at matinees (every day but Tuesday) and evening shows every ..."
5. A History of the California Initiative Process (1912-1998) by Bill Jones (2000)
"... (1926) Boxing and Wrestling Contests (1928) Racing (1932) Horse Racing with Wagering Prohibited (1936) Dog Racing (1946) greyhound racing (1946) Taxes, ..."
6. Statistical Abstract of the United States, 1997: The National Data Book by United States Government Printing Office, United States Department Of Commerce (1879)
"Other Association of Racing Commissioners International, Inc., Lexington, KY Statistical Reports on greyhound racing in the United States. Annual. ..."