Lexicographical Neighbors of Grister
Literary usage of Grister
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Law and Practice in Bankruptcy Under the National Bankruptcy Act of 1898 by William Miller Collier, James Webster Eaton (1900)
"grister, In re 130. Goddard v. Weaver 423. Godfrey, Morse v. 30, 169. Goedde, In re 67. Goldman v. Smith 36. Goldney v. Lording 155. Goldschmidt, In re 26, ..."
2. English Synonymes, with Copious Illustrations and Explanations, Drawn from by George Crabb (1854)
"... account expresses the details, with the м>т °Г them counted up; reckoning implies the K-grister and rotation of the tilings to be reckoned up- ..."
3. Jamieson's Dictionary of the Scottish Language: In which the Words are by John Jamieson, John Johnstone (1867)
"To GRIST, va To grind and dress grain, 8. grister, s. One who brings grain to be ground at a mill. 8. ..."
4. The Journal of Jurisprudence by Law Library Microform Consortium (1868)
"book It is the custom at the mill, in each circumstances, to put the produce of the wheat as it comes from the mill into the sacks of the grister or seller ..."
5. Abstracts of Probate Acts in the Prerogative Court of Canterbury by John Matthews, George Frederick Matthews (1903)
"... grister, JOHN, of Pershore, co. Worcester. Will [161 Harvey] pr. Oct. 4 by THOS. SIMONDS, and WM. NEWMAN. POWNING, BENJAMIN, of Honiton, Devon. ..."