Definition of Guiana highlands
1. Noun. A mountainous tableland in northern South America; extends from Venezuela into Guyana and northern Brazil.
Guiana Highlands Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Guiana Highlands Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Guiana Highlands
Literary usage of Guiana highlands
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Geographical Journal by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain). (1903)
"The southern limit of the district explored is formed by the gneissic plateau of the guiana highlands, which northwards sinks down below the level of the ..."
2. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and (1911)
"All these rivers have their sources on the guiana highlands within the limits of the state, and flow southward to the Amazon over numerous rapids and falls, ..."
3. How to Study Geography by Francis Wayland Parker (1894)
"guiana highlands with the Labrador highlands; with the Appalachian highlands. The Atlantic coast lines of the two continents. ..."
4. Dodge's Advanced Geography by Richard Elwood Dodge (1906)
"The guiana highlands. The guiana highlands occupy the larger part of Guiana and of Venezuela and Brazil south of the Orinoco. The highest peaks rise to over ..."