Definition of Guided missile frigate
1. Noun. A frigate that carries guided missiles.
Guided Missile Frigate Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Guided Missile Frigate Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Guided Missile Frigate
Literary usage of Guided missile frigate
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Military Dictionary (1987)
"... unarmored carrier for various guided missile systems and their equipment. guided missile frigate—(DOD) Equipped with Standard missile launchers, ..."
2. China Joins the World: Progress and Prospects by Elizabeth Economy, Michel Oksenberg (1999)
"Estimated PLAN Force Structure, 1998 Type ' Class Current Recent Planned 1 DDG: guided missile destroyer; FFG: guided missile frigate. one SSBN, ..."
3. Environmental Information for Naval Warfare by National Academy of Engineering, Inc NetLibrary (2003)
"... of a submarine sonar and the ability to fulfill the self- The guided-missile frigate USS McClusky (FFG 41) conducts a tight navigational drill. ..."
4. The Chinese Armed Forces in the 21st Century edited by Larry M. Wortzel (2001)
"... guided missile frigate (FFG). The air-launched version of the HY-2A (C-601) has a range of 68 miles and is deployed on PLAN H-6D bombers. ..."