Definition of Gymnadeniopsis
1. Noun. Genus of North American terrestrial orchids usually included in genus Habenaria.
Generic synonyms: Liliopsid Genus, Monocot Genus
Group relationships: Family Orchidaceae, Orchid Family, Orchidaceae
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Gymnadeniopsis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Gymnadeniopsis
Literary usage of Gymnadeniopsis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. An Illustrated Flora of the Northern United States, Canada and the British by Nathaniel Lord Britton, Addison Brown (1913)
"In wet pine barrens, New Jersey to Florida and Louisiana. The upper surface of the leaves is often reticulated with hexagonal cells. July. gymnadeniopsis ..."
2. Torreya by Torrey Botanical Club (1920)
"... L.—Open ground between Southold and Great Pond at Peconic. A colony of about 50 plants. gymnadeniopsis ..."
3. Annual Report of the New Jersey State Museum: 1901-12, 1914 by New Jersey State Museum (1911)
"gymnadeniopsis Integra (Nutt.). Southern Yellow Orchis. Orchis integra Nuttall Gen. II: 188. 1818 [Swamps of New Jersey (=Egg Harbor.)]. ..."
4. The Vascular Flora of Pennsylvania: Annotated Checklist and Atlas by Ann Fowler Rhoads, William M. Klein (1993)
"... Small green woodland orchid Herbaceous perennial Bogs, wet woods and thickets. gymnadeniopsis ..."
5. Orchidaceae: Illustrations and Studies of the Family Orchidaceae by Oakes Ames (1908)
"2348 (1856).—P. flava Wood, Class-book, 683 (1861)1 in part (?). gymnadeniopsis integra Rydb., in Britton's Man. 298 (1901); Small, Fl. Se. US 316 (1903). ..."
6. Flora of Miami: Being Descriptions of the Seed-plants Growing Naturally on by John Kunkel Small (1913)
"... at the apex: lip 6-10 mm. long, broadly linear, obtuse: spur 12-18 mm. long: capsule-body 10-15 mm. long.— Hammocks.—FK (Cuba.) 3. gymnadeniopsis ..."