Definition of Half-tracked
1. Adjective. Having caterpillar treads on the rear and wheels in front. "Half-track armored vehicles"
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Half-tracked Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Half-tracked
Literary usage of Half-tracked
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States: Annotated for Statistical ...edited by Stephen Koplan, Deanna Tanner Okun edited by Stephen Koplan, Deanna Tanner Okun (2006)
"... whether or not fitted with weapons, and parts of such Unit of Quantity General vehicles J Free Vehicles: 30 Tracked (including half-tracked) No. ..."
2. Opening Moves: Marines Gear Up for Warby Henry I. Shaw, Jr. by Henry I. Shaw, Jr. (1996)
"... Navy Art Collection Maneuvering at the Marine Barracks, New River, North Carolina in 1942 is an armored half-tracked mounting a 75mm gun, ..."
3. Case Studies in the Development of Close Air Support by Benjamin Franklin Cooling (1990)
"Contact cars consisted of two white, half-tracked British vehicles attached to a Rover (though they could operate separately). The controllers in the cars ..."
4. Firepower in Limited War by Robert H. Scales, Jr. (1990)
"... 213 ARVN,65 in combined arms, 103 French, 28, 88 German, 9 half-tracked troop carriers, 38 Israeli, 235 small nations having, 237 Soviet, 155-65, 172, ..."