Definition of Handling charge
1. Noun. The cost of handling (especially the cost of packaging and mailing an order).
Handling Charge Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Handling Charge Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Handling Charge
Literary usage of Handling charge
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Joint Report with Comprehensive Plan and Recommendations by William Russell Willcox (1920)
"The unknown element is the handling charge at the other end of the ... On this basis the total handling charge will probably average about 37.3 cents more ..."
2. Stabilizing the Price of Certain Agricultural Products: Hearings Before the by United States Congress. Senate. Committee on Agriculture and Forestry (1922)
"There is a certain amount absorbed by the local mills, in which case there is only one handling charge, the country elevator charge. ..."
3. Buying Books Online: Finding Bargains and Saving Money at Booksense Stores by Stephen Windwalker (2002)
"... is still 70 cents lower than the amount charged for Amazon Marketplace shipping & handling charge, the inconsistent quality of service, descriptions, ..."
4. Clearing Out-of-town Checks in England and the United States by James Collins Halloch (1903)
"... a handling charge of 15 cents on each item whether collected or not; provided that said handling charge of 15 cents need not apply to bonds or coupons. ..."
5. Purchasing Principles and Practices by John Cecil Dinsmore (1922)
"This handling charge depends upon the amount of scrap which you have to sell. It is necessary, of course, to select three or four high-grade scrap dealers ..."