Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Harambee Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Harambee
harambee (current term)
Literary usage of Harambee
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Geometric Theory of Ordinary Differential Equations and Algebraic Functions by Georges Valiron (1984)
"The ideal of harambee is to raise funds to invest in community development. ... of harambee, but distribution among members is the common alternative of the ..."
2. Juvenile Injustice: Police Abuse and Detention of Street Children in Kenya by Yodon Thonden, Binaifer Nowrojee, Lois Whitman (1997)
"In addition to their regular chores and vocational work, all boys are called on to perform harambee (the Kiswahili for "pulling together") on the borstal ..."
3. At the Crossroads: Ict Policy Making in East Africa by Florence Ebam Etta, Laurent Elder (2005)
"... letter or make a call or telegram to the Kenyan government through; Office of the President harambee House, harambee Avenue, PO Box 30510, Nairobi, Tel. ..."
4. Agricultural Marketing Directory for U.S. & Africa Trade by Mary E. Lassanyi, Wayne Olson (1997)
"Tel: 2-521450; FAX: 2- 521001 Investment Promotion Centre (Part of the Kenyan Ministry of Finance), National Bank Bldg., 8th Floor, harambee Ave., ..."
5. Capital (1888)
"... in Nairobi in September 1973, in the presence of no less than 5000 distinguished people, to be imbued with Kenya's motto of harambee—pulling together in ..."
6. The Politics of Trade and Industrial Policy in Africa: Forced Consensus? by Charles Chukwuma Soludo, Michael Osita Ogbu, Ha-Joon Chang (2004)
"The Rise of the Party State in Kenya: From harambee to Nyayo, Berkeley: University of California Press. World Bank, 1981. ..."
7. Conflict and Growth in Africa by Jeni Klugman, Bilin Neyapti, Frances Stewart (1999)
"Education was accorded central importance as a route to social and economic mobility. Its perceived value is reflected in its importance in harambee efforts ..."
8. Gender, Land and Livelihoods in East Africa: Through Farmers' Eyes by Ritu Verma (2001)
"It was further reinforced by Kenyatta's ideology of harambee — community self-help efforts in which people contribute resources (such as money and labour) ..."