Definition of Headlights
1. Noun. (plural of headlight) Especially a pair on a single vehicle. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Headlights
1. headlight [n] - See also: headlight
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Headlights Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Headlights
Literary usage of Headlights
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1917)
"Whether Congress has so far covered the subject of headlights for locomotives by the amendment of March 4, 1915 (38 Stet, at L. 1192, chap. ..."
2. International Library of Technology: A Series of Textbooks for Persons by International Textbook Company (1902)
"CARE OF headlights. 25. In some cases headlights have been in use for so many years and have been reduced to such a condition that it is a very difficult ..."
3. Annual Report by New York (State). State Tax Commission, New York (State), South Carolina Tax Commission (1922)
"headlights The Highway Law provides that any person who desires to have a headlight device tested must submit the same to the Tax ..."
4. Light's Labour's Lost: Policies for Energy-Efficient Lighting by Paul Waide, Satoshi Tanishima, International Energy Agency (2006)
"The inclusion of specific engine-activated headlights dedicated to daytime use mounted in the same headlight fixture as the other headlamps or in a separate ..."
5. Due Process of Law and the Equal Protection of the Laws: A Treatise Based by Hannis Taylor (1917)
"Requiring electric headlights on locomotives. ... 50, 51, requiring railway locomotives running on the main line to be equipped with electric headlights, ..."
6. Official Proceedings...: Annual Convention of the International Acetylene by International Acetylene Association (1908)
"headlights. For locomotive headlights, acetylene is second to none. It is true that with an acetylene headlight it is impossible ..."
7. EMF Electrical Year Book by Electrical Trade Publishing Company (1921)
"Electric headlights nrt- rapidly replacing oil and acetylene headlight* on ... These are electric headlights for use on electric street cars and on electric ..."
8. Encyclopedia of Engineering: A Treatise on Boilers, Steam Engines, the by International School of Engineering (1906)
"Among the objections that have been raised to the use of electric headlights on locomotives is this one, that owing to the FIGURE 216 FRONT VIEW SHOWING ..."