Definition of Health problem
1. Noun. A state in which you are unable to function normally and without pain.
Generic synonyms: Pathological State
Specialized synonyms: Dyscrasia, Illness, Malady, Sickness, Unwellness, Invalidism, Biliousness, Infection, Pathology, Affliction, Harm, Hurt, Injury, Trauma, Softness, Unfitness
Antonyms: Good Health
Derivative terms: Unhealthy
Health Problem Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Health Problem Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Health Problem
Literary usage of Health problem
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature by Anna Lorraine Guthrie, Marion A. Knight, H.W. Wilson Company, Estella E. Painter (1920)
"D. Symmers. Soc Hygiene 3:197-204 Ap '17 Syphilis and society. H. Cabot, bibliog Soc Hygiene 2:347-62 Jl '16 Syphilis as a public health problem. ..."
2. A Half Century of Public Health: Jubilee Historical Volume of the American by American Public Health Association (1921)
"Fifty years ago the housing problem was not only a health problem, ... Today it still is largely a health problem, but at the moment it is not so conceived. ..."
3. Homelessness: Programs and the People They Serve: Findings of the National by Martha R. Burt (1999)
"Clients were classified as having a past month mental health problem if any of the following conditions were met: (1) they scored 0.25 or higher on a ..."
4. Making Health Communication Programs Work: A Planner's Guide (1993)
"To organize your thoughts about planning, ask yourself questions like these: n What is the health problem to be addressed? n Who is affected by it, ..."
5. Review of Reviews and World's Work by Albert Shaw (1904)
"SOLVING THE health problem AT PANAMA. BY COLONEL WILLIAM C. GORGAS, MEDICAL CORPS, USA (Who will have charge of the Government's sanitary work. ..."