¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Hebetic
1. pertaining to puberty [adj] - See also: puberty
Medical Definition of Hebetic
1. Pertaining to youth. Origin: G. Hebetikos, youthful, fr. Hebe, youth (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hebetic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hebetic
Literary usage of Hebetic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge: Embracing by Johann Jakob Herzog, Philip Schaff, Albert Hauck (1911)
"727-730 (valuable); and the literature under hebetic BAPTISM. Stephen П.: Pope 752-757. The policy of Stephen was conditioned by the relation of Rome to the ..."
2. The New International Encyclopædia edited by Daniel Coit Gilman, Harry Thurston Peck, Frank Moore Colby (1903)
"hebetic BAPTISM. One of the great questions in the Christian Church of the third century relating to the reception into the Church of those who had been ..."
3. The Works of James Arminius, D. D., Formerly Professor of Divinity in the by Jacobus Arminius (1853)
"... affairs of his adversary, than to speak contumeliously and in disparagement of his sentimenta, and publicly to proclaim him a hebetic—than which no term ..."