Definition of Hektares
1. hektare [n] - See also: hektare
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hektares
hektares (current term)
held a candle
Literary usage of Hektares
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Modern Arithmetic Methods and Problems by Theodore Lindquist (1917)
"If we carry the reduction of acres to hektares out to six decimal places we get ... of being 65 hektares, a variation of a little over .3 of one per cent. ..."
2. The Complete Arithmetic: Oral and Written by Henry Bartlett Maglathlin, Benjamin Greenleaf (1896)
"How many hektares in 6893 a ? 209. VOLUME MEASURES. 1000 cubic millimeters (™mm) are 1 cubic centimeter, cucm. ..."
3. The Complete Arithmetic: Oral and Written : on the Basis of Works by by Benjamin Greenleaf, Henry Bartlett Maglathlin (1881)
"How many hektares in 6893 a ? 209. VOLUME MEASURES. 1000 cubic millimeters (™™>) are 1 cubic centimeter, «•"». 1000 cubic centimeters " 1 cubic decimeter, ..."
4. Arithmetic by Jacob William Albert Young, Lambert Lincoln Jackson (1905)
"How many hektares are there in a sq. km. ? 4. ... 50 hektares are about how many acres? 6. At $2.50 an are, what is the cost of 25 ha. of land? 7. ..."
5. Proposed Plan for a Sewerage System: And for the Disposal of the Sewage of by Providence (R.I.). Engineer Dept, Samuel Merrill Gray (1884)
"When all fecal matters are allowed to enter the Paris sewers, it is estimated that at least 60000 hektares (150000 acres) may be fertilized by it. ..."
6. The Appleton Arithmetics by Jacob William Albert Young, Lambert Lincoln Jackson (1909)
"How many hektares are there in a square kilometer? 4. ... 50 hektares are about how many acres? 6. How many square meters are there in the surface of a ..."