Definition of Hill myna
1. Noun. Glossy black Asiatic starling often taught to mimic speech.
Generic synonyms: Mina, Minah, Myna, Myna Bird, Mynah, Mynah Bird
Hill Myna Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hill Myna Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hill Myna
Literary usage of Hill myna
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Journal of the Straits Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society by Straits Branch (1881)
"It proved to be a Hill-Myna in its colours .and markings very like but larger than Gracula relic/iota, Horsfield." PLOCEUS BATA (Blyth.). The Weaver-bird. ..."
2. The Birds of India: Being a Natural History of All the Birds Known to by Thomas Claverhill Jerdon (1863)
"Paharia-maina, H. THE NEPAL hill myna. Descr.—Larger than the last, ... The Hill Myna of Northern India is found all along the lower ranges of the Himalayas ..."
3. The New International Encyclopædia edited by Daniel Coit Gilman, Harry Thurston Peck, Frank Moore Colby (1903)
"He published: Roman lights, from the Italian (1848) ; Speeches and Addresses (1855) ; and De Vane (1865). HILL MUSTARD. See BUNIA.S. HILL-MYNA (hill + тупа, ..."
4. The New International Encyclopaedia edited by Daniel Coit Gilman, Harry Thurston Peck, Frank Moore Colby (1906)
"He published: Roman Nights, from the Italian (1848) ; Speeches and Addresses (1855) ; and De Vane (1865). HILL MUSTARD. See BUNIAS. HILL-MYNA (hill + ..."