Definition of Hispanic american
1. Noun. An American whose first language is Spanish.
Generic synonyms: American
Specialized synonyms: Criollo
Derivative terms: Hispanic
Hispanic American Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hispanic American Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hispanic American
Literary usage of Hispanic american
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Library Journal by American Library Association, Library Association (1922)
"Interest in the intellectual, social, political, and economic life of the Hispanic-American peoples is keen everywhere in the United States and Canada. ..."
2. The Papers of the Bibliographical Society of America by Bibliographical Society of America (1922)
"Mr. CK Jones of Washington is more helpful in the comprehensive "List of Hispanic American Bibliographies" of which the first instalment appeared in the ..."
3. Pan-Americanism: Its Beginnings by Joseph Byrne Lockey (1920)
"... IV UNITED STATES AND hispanic american INDEPENDENCE THE relation of the United States to the hispanic american struggle for independence is often made a ..."
4. Alcohol Use Among U. S. Ethnic Minorities edited by Danielle Spiegler (1993)
"No previous epidemiologic studies have assessed prevalence of diagnostic levels of alcohol abuse and dependence among hispanic american populations. ..."
5. Security in the Americasedited by Georges Fauriol edited by Georges Fauriol (2008)
"... or more Not computed Median DETAILED HOUSING CHARACTERISTICS Central South All other Mexican Other hispanic american Salvadoran American Hispanic Origin ..."
6. Register by University of California, Berkeley, California, University (1918)
"(CHAPMAN) The wars of independence and the development of Hispanic-American states, with emphasis on their relations to the United States. ..."
7. Overview of Addiction Treatment Effectiveness by Mim J. Landry (1996)
"There were significant positive correlations between appropriateness of services congruence and positive outcomes for Hispanic- American males. ..."