Definition of Hive away
1. Verb. Keep or lay aside for future use. "The bear stores fat for the period of hibernation when he doesn't eat"
Specialized synonyms: Bin, Computerise, Computerize, Victual, Accumulate, Amass, Collect, Compile, Hoard, Pile Up, Roll Up, Hive
Generic synonyms: Hold On, Keep
Derivative terms: Storage, Store
Hive Away Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hive Away Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hive Away
Literary usage of Hive away
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Our Boys and Girls by Oliver Optic (1871)
"All ye dwellers in the hive, Away let us speed, for the day is alive. How freely the flowers are opening their cups, How glisten the dewdrops each greedily ..."
2. Journal of Horticulture, Cottage Gardener and Country Gentlemen (1876)
"... being placed within the hive away from the cluster at ten o'clock л и., when I was enabled to look at it, never showed lower than H1 nor higher than 00° ..."
3. The New New York: A Commentary on the Place and the People by John Charles van Dyke, Joseph Pennell (1909)
"... day bear him out to Europe or Far Cathay, away from business and "the Street," away from the hum of the hive, away from the worry of the money-world. ..."
4. Fur Seal Arbitration: Proceedings of the Tribunal of Arbitration, Convened by Bering Sea Tribunal of Arbitration (1895)
"He. can shut up time door of the hive and carry the whole hive away with him. That is time degree of possession in the case of the .bee; and it is quite ..."