Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hogen Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hogen
Literary usage of Hogen
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Transactions of the Asiatic Society of Japan by Asiatic Society of Japan (1902)
"A few more illustrations of minor importance are the following*:—Taiho Statutes, Tenkei'f' Rebellions, hogen ..."
2. Saitō Mussashi-bō Benkei. (Tales of the Wars of the Gempei): (Tales of the by James Seguin De Benneville (1910)
"According to his account the causes underlying the events of hogen are patent. It was a struggle between the Hod, Toba, ..."
3. Ancient Danish Ballads by R. c. alexander Prior (1860)
"The Sagas attribute the deed to Gunnar, or to his younger brother, the German poem to hogen, as does our ballad also. ..."
4. A History of Japanese Literature by William George Aston (1908)
"He is also conjectured to have written the Heiji Monogatari and hogen Monogatari, but of this too there is no certainty. The precise date of its composition ..."
5. Notes on the California Reports, Supplementary to the 1906 Edition of Notes ...by Charles Lawrence Thompson, Bancroft-Whitney Company, California Supreme Court by Charles Lawrence Thompson, Bancroft-Whitney Company, California Supreme Court (1912)
"Approved in hogen v. Klabo, 13 ND 324, 100 NW 849, "new matter" of codes admits all material allegations of complaint, and consista of facts not alleged ..."
6. The Ontario Weekly Reporter and Index-digest by Ontario (1907)
"Von hogen, giving them $150000 in stock; that the cash payment was not to be ... Von hogen. was not called, and so we have the evidence of 2 only of the 4 ..."
7. The Poets and Poetry of Europe: With Introductions and Biographical Notices by Cornelius Conway Felton (1871)
"THE king he 's sitting in Ribc ; He 'a drinking wine ; Sae he has bidden the Danish knights To propine. (Sae nobly dances he, hogen !) " Ye stand up a', ..."