Lexicographical Neighbors of Hoistman
Literary usage of Hoistman
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1911)
"... and that the use of the compressed air for such purposes by such hoistman as the defendant Intended to provide was more hazardous and dangerous to the ..."
2. Mining Practices by Engineering and Mining Journal (1919)
"The stations are electric lighted and the hoistman can easily observe the hooking and unhooking operations from his position. ..."
3. Mining Engineers' Handbook by Robert Peele (1918)
"lead dump box, i hoistman who also ured the boiler; coal consumed. .54.2 Ib Fig ... handle an aver of 250 cu yd of tailings per 24 hr. fireman, hoistman, ..."
4. Transactions of the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical and (1913)
"... was connected so as to light a lamp, in front of the hoistman, in case the set speeded up. Should the occasion arise to cut the DC voltage off suddenly, ..."
5. The Twelve-hour Shift in Industry by American Engineering Council (1922)
"Here were two double kilns fired by one man each, the firemen drawing the kilns for one another; but in the summer "The position of lime hoistman also ..."
6. Practical Safety Methods and Devices, Manufacturing and Engineering by George Alvin Cowee (1916)
"This is especially important where the hoistman cannot see the hookman or the load. Instead of depending upon whistle signals, it is safer to station a ..."