Definition of Homeless person
1. Noun. Someone unfortunate without housing. "A homeless was found murdered in Central Park"
Group relationships: Homeless
Generic synonyms: Unfortunate, Unfortunate Person
Specialized synonyms: Bag Lady
Derivative terms: Homeless
Lexicographical Neighbors of Homeless Person
Literary usage of Homeless person
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. American Motherhood by Mary Wood-Allen (1898)
"Again he asks, "Does any one know of a home willing to give home)life to a homeless child or other homeless person ? Does any one know of a homeless child ..."
2. Out of Sight--Out of Mind?: A Report on Anti-Homeless Laws, Litigation and by Kelly Cunningham (1999)
"... in one case prohibiting a homeless person from a two square mile area which included social services and voter registration facilities. ..."
3. Discipleship by Heini Arnold, J. Heinrich Arnold (1994)
"From a letter: lo offer a night's lodging to a homeless person has always been a fundamental principle of the Bruderhof. The police have sometimes brought ..."
4. Outcasts on Main Street: Report of the Federal Task Force on Homelessness by DIANE Publishing Company (1992)
"At the same time, this group is small For purposes of this report, we define a "homeless person" in keeping with the Stewart B. McKinney Homeless Assistance ..."
5. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1919)
"There are stringent regulations, however, regarding the number of times a homeless person may avail him- seH of such accommodations. ..."