Definition of Honours list
1. Noun. A list issued by examiners that categorizes students according to the class of honours they achieved in their degree examinations.
Generic synonyms: List, Listing
Geographical relationships: Britain, Great Britain, U.k., Uk, United Kingdom, United Kingdom Of Great Britain And Northern Ireland
Honours List Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Honours List Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Honours List
honours list (current term)
Literary usage of Honours list
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Efficiency and Empire by Arnold White (1901)
"The Navy, upon which we rely for existence, is neglected in the Birthday and New Year honours list, while Mr. Goschen, who neglected the Navy, ..."
2. England After the War by Frank Dilnot (1920)
"... AND THE honours list A FALLING barometer does not always mean a storm but it suggests the advisability of taking a raincoat with you on an outing. ..."
3. England After the War by Frank Dilnot (1920)
"CHAPTER XIX DRINK, BUREAUCRACY, RELIGION, AND THE honours list A FALLING barometer does not always mean a storm but it suggests the advisability of taking a ..."
4. The Handbook of Jamaica by Augustus Constantine Sinclair, Laurence R. Fyte, Samuel Paynter Musson, Thomas Laurence Roxburgh, Joseph Charles Ford, Acheson Arundel Cameron Finlay, Frank Cundall (1893)
"The Scholarship in 1887 was won by Mr. EV Lockett, of York Castle High School, who was placed next to the first Candidate in the original honours' list, ..."