Definition of Horseback riding
1. Noun. The sport of siting on the back of a horse while controlling its movements.
Specialized synonyms: Equestrian Sport, Pony-trekking
Generic synonyms: Athletics, Sport
Examples of category: Ride Horseback, Prance, Prance, Canter, Gallop, Post, Extend, Gallop, Trot
Derivative terms: Ride Horseback
2. Noun. Travel by being carried on horseback.
Generic synonyms: Travel, Traveling, Travelling
Specialized synonyms: Bronco Busting, Endurance Riding, Pack Riding, Trail Riding
Examples of category: Ride, Sit, Override, Outride, Dismount, Get Down, Get Off, Light, Unhorse, Ride Horseback, Prance, Prance, Canter, Canter, Gallop, Post, Extend, Gallop, Trot
Derivative terms: Ride Horseback, Ride
Horseback Riding Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Horseback Riding Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Horseback Riding
Literary usage of Horseback riding
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Adventure Guide to St. Martin & St. Barts by Lynne M. Sullivan (2003)
"Adventures on Land • horseback riding Bay side Riding Club Le Gallon, Bale de 1'Embouchure tr 590-887-36-64 or 599-557-6822 Choose from a one-hour ride ..."
2. Physical Education by Muscular Exercise by Luther Halsey Gulick (1904)
"7. Wrestling, boxing, fencing. 8. Bicycling. 9. Golf, horseback-riding, bowling, rowing. i. Walking and Running In many gymnasiums formal marching is ..."
3. The Old Navy and the New by Daniel Ammen, Ulysses Simpson Grant (1891)
"Desultory Observations on Men and Things—Choose a Country-House— Benefits of Horseback-Riding and Exercise—Francis P. Blair—George Bancroft—Observations on ..."
4. The Virginia Handbook by Blair Howard (2001)
"horseback riding Breezewood Farms, in Irvington, -a 804-438-5141, offers guided trail rides and lessons. Shopping You won't find great shopping malls on ..."
5. Cruising the Eastern Caribbean by Laura Rapp (2004)
"The Highland Adventure Center offers horseback riding, ATV tours and hiking tours to cruise ship passengers through shore excursion departments. ..."