Definition of Hospital attendant
1. Noun. A male hospital attendant who has general duties that do not involve the medical treatment of patients.
Hospital Attendant Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hospital Attendant Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hospital Attendant
Literary usage of Hospital attendant
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Standard Specifications for Personal Service by New York (N.Y.). Bureau of Standards (1917)
"COMPENSATION— hospital attendant A (hospital attendants in tuberculosis wards for primary and secondary cases, except when the employe is a tuberculosis ..."
2. Winston's Cumulative Loose-leaf Encyclopedia: A Comprehensive Reference Bookedited by Charles Morris edited by Charles Morris (1921)
"... woman hospital attendant There are now numerous institutions where active, intelligent, and physically able women are thoroughly trained for this work. ..."
3. The Philippine Journal of Science by Philippines Bureau of Science (1908)
"No record of his temperature was kept; the pulse was of good force and the rate slightly increased. CASE 2.—V., n hospital attendant at ..."
4. The Fourteenth Regiment Rhode Island Heavy Artillery (colored) in the War to by William H. Chenery (1898)
"14, 1863; hospital attendant Jan., 1864, and so borne until April, 1864; ... 14, 1863; provost guard Feb., 1864; borne as hospital attendant Aug. and Sept., ..."
5. A French-English Military Technical Dictionary by Cornélis De Witt Willcox (1899)
"hospital attendant charge of a división de malades, qv (responsible for ... hospital attendant belonging to the sen-ice de santé (ie, not detailed from the ..."
6. Review of Reviews and World's Work by Albert Shaw (1904)
"A Japanese hospital attendant, after having quickly dressed the wounds of a disabled Russian, seeing him unable to walk, has been known, in many cases, ..."