Definition of House of islam
1. Noun. Areas where Muslims are in the majority.
Generic synonyms: Geographic Area, Geographic Region, Geographical Area, Geographical Region
House Of Islam Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: House Of Islam Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of House Of Islam
Literary usage of House of islam
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A City of the Dawn by Robert Keable (1915)
"IV THE house of islam IT is hardly possible to doubt that this island on the verge of the Indian Sea is at a momentous crisis in her story. ..."
2. Turkey by Edward Shepherd Creasy (1906)
"... of every Mussulman to devote to such a war his property, his person, and his life. The Koran divides the world into two portions, the House of Islam, ..."
3. A Guide to the Best Fiction in English by Ernest Albert ( Baker (1913)
"House of Islam, The, 333. House of Lynch, The, 310. House of Mirth, The (by WARD), 371. House of Mirth, The (by WHARTON), 509. ..."
4. For the Land and the Lord: Jewish Fundamentalism in Israel by Ian Lustick (1988)
"The "House of Islam" lost Spain, parts of Europe ruled by the Ottoman Empire, and great areas of Asia today controlled by Soviet Russia. ..."
5. The American Catalogue ... July 1, 1876-Dec. 31, 1910 by Lynds Eugene Jones, Richard Rogers Bowker, Augusta Isabella Appleton (1908)
"Appleton, House of Islam. Pickthall, M. t$i.5O. Appleton. HOUSE OF LORDS (English). Stead, W : T : Peers or people? : the House of Lords weighed in the ..."