Definition of Humphrey bogart
1. Noun. United States film actor (1899-1957).
Generic synonyms: Actor, Histrion, Player, Role Player, Thespian
Derivative terms: Bogartian
Humphrey Bogart Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Humphrey Bogart Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Humphrey Bogart
Literary usage of Humphrey bogart
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Hollywood & the Best of Los Angeles Alive! by Robert White, Phyllis White (2002)
"humphrey bogart, Casablanca This is the part of West Hollywood that has always been famous. The TV series was called 77 Sunset Strip, not West Hollywood. ..."
2. Essays on Strategy 12 edited by John N. Petrie (1996)
"Described as "the most notable and enduring wartime fantasy of commitment," "Casablanca" told of Rick (played by humphrey bogart), an embittered and neutral ..."
3. Cruising the Mediterranean: A Guide to the Ports of Call by Larry H. Ludmer (2007)
"That is no doubt due to the romantic connotations it has for Hollywood movie buffs who remember the humphrey bogart film of the same name. ..."
4. Cancun, Cozumel and Riviera Maya Alive by Bruce Conord (2005)
"108 Expensive With a bronze statue in front showing the farewell scene between humphrey bogart and Ingrid Bergman from the movie Casablanca, you know this ..."
5. Adventure Guide to the Florida Keys and Everglades National Park by Bruce Morris (2004)
"But if you're a Bogart on Hepburn fan you'll love it — this is the actual boat on which humphrey bogart reluctantly hosted Katherine Hepburn in the movie ..."
6. Florida: The Keys by Don Philpott (2002)
"... as the location for the steamy 1948 film Key Largo, which was directed by John Huston and starred humphrey bogart, Lauren Bacali and Edward G. Robinson. ..."
7. In the Shade of an Acacia Tree: Memoirs of a Health Officer in Africa, 1945-1959 by Frank L. Lambrecht (1991)
"The whole scenario sounded by the minute more like a humphrey bogart film. "Reyntiens has made adjustment to the body of the lorry to accommodate the ..."