Definition of Hunnemannia
1. Noun. One species: golden cup.
Generic synonyms: Dilleniid Dicot Genus
Group relationships: Family Papaveraceae, Papaveraceae, Poppy Family
Member holonyms: Golden Cup, Hunnemania Fumariifolia, Mexican Tulip Poppy
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hunnemannia Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hunnemannia
Literary usage of Hunnemannia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Golden Poppy by Emory Evans Smith (1902)
"hunnemannia Among the less remote relatives in its own order the nearest is ... hunnemannia in its habitat, from the Mexican border southward, ..."
2. Bulletin of Pharmacy (1889)
"Another genus, Dendromecon, with three species, is the near relative of Eschscholtzia, while its other congener, hunnemannia, " scarcely distinguishable" ..."
3. Cyclopedia of American Horticulture: Comprising Suggestions for Cultivation by Liberty Hyde Bailey, Wilhelm Miller (1902)
"hunnemannia. Tulip Tree. Liriodendron.. TUNA. Opuntia Tuna, European or Asian in origin. Characteristic tubers of these two plants are contrasted ..."
4. Synoptical Flora of North America by Asa Gray (1897)
"Consists of the adjacent Mexican genus hunnemannia, with calyx of distinct sepals and 4 roundish depressed stigmas, ..."