Definition of Hylocichla mustelina
1. Noun. Large thrush common in eastern American woodlands; noted for its melodious song.
Hylocichla Mustelina Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hylocichla Mustelina Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hylocichla Mustelina
Literary usage of Hylocichla mustelina
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Auk: Quarterly Journal of Ornithology by American Ornithologists' Union, Nuttall Ornithological Club (1907)
"hylocichla mustelina. WOOD THRUSH.— Regular migrant, May 4 to 20; I can find only one fall record, a female taken September 7, 1891 ; rare summer resident, ..."
2. The Birds of North and Middle America: A Descriptive Catalogue of the Higher by Robert Ridgway (1907)
"hylocichla mustelina (p. 157) aa. Hill smaller and more slender, the exposed culmen less than half as long as tarsus; tail relatively longer, ..."
3. The Wilson Bulletin by Wilson Ornithological Club, Nebraska Ornithologists' Union, Wilson Ornithological Society (1904)
"hylocichla mustelina.—Wood Thrush. Uncommon summer resident in Bronx and Central Parks. 155. Hylocichla fuscescens.—Wilson Thrush. Common migrant. ..."
4. Handbook of Birds of the Western United States: Including the Great Plains by Florence Merriam Bailey (1921)
"hylocichla mustelina. Wood Thrush. Breeds in Tran. and Up. Son. zones of e. cen. US w. to 101° in s. SD and n. Neb.; casual in Colo.; casual migrant in Cuba ..."
5. The Published Writings of Spencer Fullerton Baird, 1843-1882 by George Brown Goode (1883)
"CATALOGUE. [The numbers in bracket« are those used in the Smithsonian Catalogue of 1859.] 1. hylocichla mustelina (C.MEL.) BAIRD. •Wood Thrush. [148.] 2. ..."
6. Transactions of the Kansas Academy of Science by Kansas Academy of Science (1899)
"Taken at Ellis, October 27, 1875, by Doctor Watson. Two records for Manhattan. Snow, 1875. 310. 755. hylocichla mustelina ..."