¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Hyper
1. one that hypes [n -S] - See also: hypes
Medical Definition of Hyper
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hyper Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hyper
Literary usage of Hyper
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Lancet (1898)
"It may be- observed, however, that migraine usually occurs at a later period of life than paroxysmal hyper-acidity and that its onset is preceded by ocular ..."
2. Utilisation and Reliability of High Power Proton Accelerators: Workshop by NEA Nuclear Science Committee (2005)
"This paper is concerned with neutronic design characteristics of the hyper core and its transmutation capability. Previously, the hyper system was devoted ..."
3. Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society by London Mathematical Society (1899)
"But before we proceed to this we have to seek for a useful discriminating characteristic of quadratic hyper-cones in Jiv In ordinary space, ..."
4. Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy by Royal Irish Academy (1874)
"I then generalize Professor Gordan's theorem, and from this generalization prove that hyper-elliptic integrals with 2m - 3 moduli may be reduced to similar ..."
5. The American Journal of Psychology by Granville Stanley Hall, Edward Bradford Titchener (1911)
"Taste geus(ia) a-, para-, hypo-, hyper-,; -imeter, -ic. 2. Smell osm(ia) an-, par-, hyp-, hyper-; -ometer, -etic. 3. Sight ops(ia) an-, par-, hyp-, hyper-; ..."