¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Hyphal
1. hypha [adj] - See also: hypha
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hyphal
Literary usage of Hyphal
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Powdered Vegetable Drugs by Albert Schneider (1902)
"hyphal Fungi. hyphal fungi are higher in the scale of evolution than bacteria, and are designated hyphal because, no matter how highly organized they may be ..."
2. General Vegetable Pharmacography by Albert Schneider (1900)
"hyphal Fungi. hyphal fungi are higher in the scale of evolution than bacteria and are designated hyphal because, no matter how highly organized they may be, ..."
3. Journal of Applied Microscopy by Bausch & Lomb Optical Company (1903)
"1">, 10) and empty filaments or else hyphal bodies mixed with masses of ... The hyphal bodies were at times considerably elongated and arranged in the same ..."
4. Plant Life, Considered with Special Reference to Form and Function by Charles Reid Barnes (1898)
"THE FUNGUS BODY OF hyphal ELEMENTS. Fungi. FUNGI are plants without chlorophyll, whose body is generally made up of long filaments, either loosely or ..."