Definition of Hyphantria cunea
1. Noun. A variety of webworm.
Generic synonyms: Webworm
Group relationships: Genus Hyphantria, Hyphantria
2. Noun. Moth whose larvae are fall webworms.
Hyphantria Cunea Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hyphantria Cunea Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hyphantria Cunea
Literary usage of Hyphantria cunea
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Canadian Entomologist by Entomological Society of Canada (1863-1871), Entomological Society of Canada (1951- ), Entomological Society of Ontario (1901)
"... lent to me by Mr. Winn; a typical female specimen of S. Prima, kindly given to me by Mrs. Slosson ; and a small series of hyphantria cunea, Drury. ..."
2. Applied Entomology; an Introductory Text-book of Insects in Their Relations by Henry Torsey Fernald (1921)
"The Fall Web worm (hyphantria cunea Dru.).—This insect is a pest on shade, fruit, ... Fall Webworm (hyphantria cunea Dru.), about natural size. (Original. ..."
3. Economic Entomology for the Farmer and the Fruit Grower, and for Use as a by John Bernhard Smith (1906)
"i The fall web-worm, hyphantria cunea.—a, *, c, varieties of larva ; d, e, ... hyphantria cunea : variations in the markings of the wings. spring. ..."