Definition of Hypochromic anemia
1. Noun. Anemia characterized by a decrease in the concentration of corpuscular hemoglobin.
Generic synonyms: Anaemia, Anemia
Specialized synonyms: Mediterranean Anaemia, Mediterranean Anemia, Thalassaemia, Thalassemia
Hypochromic Anemia Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Hypochromic Anemia Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Hypochromic Anemia
Literary usage of Hypochromic anemia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Mineral Requirements for Military Personnel: Levels Needed for Cognitive And by Food and Nutrition Board, Committee on Military Nutrition Research, National Academy of Sciences (U.S.) (2006)
"... hypochromic anemia. Unfortunately, misdiagnosis of copper deficiency as iron deficiency and treatment with iron supplements could result in iron ..."
2. Mammalian Models for Research on Aging by Bennett J. Cohen, Institute Of Laboratory Animal Resources, National Research Council Staff (1981)
"In the late stages of anemia, due to chronic blood loss, a microcytic hypochromic anemia occurs (Harris and Keller- meyer, l970). ..."
3. Manual of Microbiologic Monitoring of Laboratory Animals edited by Kim Waggie (1994)
"Microcytic, hypochromic anemia and lymphocytosis are associated with infections in mice (8). H. diminuta infections in rodents are relatively benign, ..."
4. Mineral Tolerance of Animals by National Research Council (U. S.) (2005)
"... with sodium nitrite at 130 mg nitrite/kg BW exhibited increased erythrocyte counts, while at 200 mg nitrate/kg BW, they exhibited hypochromic anemia. ..."
5. Niosh Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazardsedited by Sharon Hildebrand edited by Sharon Hildebrand (2001)
"... Symptoms: irritation eyes, skin, nose, throat, respiratory system; bronchitis; hypochromic anemia; headache, drowsiness, fatigue, dizziness, nausea, ..."