Definition of Iambi
1. iambus [n] - See also: iambus
Lexicographical Neighbors of Iambi
iambi (current term)
Literary usage of Iambi
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Cyclopædic Dictionary of the Mang'anja Language Spoken in British Central by David Clement Ruffelle Scott (1892)
"iambi-iambi, the grass is flattened down, sloping away m the same direction. ... iambi iambi ! of hair parted on this side and on that. ..."
2. The Roman Poets of the Augustan Age: Horace and the Elegiac Poets by William Young Sellar, Andrew Lang (1892)
"In claiming to have been the first to introduce the Parian ' iambi' into Latin literature, ... To these poems Horace gives the name ' iambi. ..."
3. Patrologiæ cursus completus [Series Græca]: ... omnium ss. patrum, doctorum by Jacques Paul Migne (1866)
"Drama de primi parenti Carmen in Paulum discipulum, 1173-6. t iambi secundum alphabetum, 1175-8. lapsu, 117, 1163-74. PHOTIUS. ..."
4. Thirteen Satires of Juvenal by Juvenal, John Eyton Bickersteth Mayor (1878)
"18. ver. hist, it 28. vit. auct. 6. Paus, i 37 § 4. iambi ... 371 K. Beside beans mallows prohibited iambi, ..."