Definition of Icones
1. icon [n] - See also: icon
Lexicographical Neighbors of Icones
Literary usage of Icones
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. First Proofs of the Universal Catalogue of Books on Art: Compiled for the by Henry Cole, John Hungerford Pollen, Great Britain Dept. of Science and Art (1870)
"Fol. npnd icones.—Icônes sive Imagines Virorum bellica lande ac ... icones Plantarum Sponte nascentium in regnis Danise et Nor- ..."
2. Book-prices Current: A Record of Prices at which Books Have Been Sold at Auction (1897)
"(577) Wesley, £12 5159 Hooker (Sir WJ) icones Plantarum, or figures of New and ... 5168 Jacquin (NJ) icones Plantarum Rariorum, 648 coloured plates, 3 vol., ..."
3. The Philosophical Magazine (1830)
"... Genera of the Lepidoptera of Europe ; with a List of the Species of each Genus, and Reference to one or more of their respective icones. ..."
4. The Genera of Fishes ...: A Contribution to the Stability of Scientific by David Starr Jordan, Barton Warren Evermann (1917)
"FORSTER, icones Inédites; Bibliotheca Banksiae, 1777. ... This generic name, according to Kaup, first appears in 1777, in the icones Inéditas. ..."