Definition of Idol worshiper
1. Noun. A person who worships idols.
Generic synonyms: Gentile, Heathen, Infidel, Pagan
Specialized synonyms: Idolatress
Derivative terms: Idolatry
Lexicographical Neighbors of Idol Worshiper
Literary usage of Idol worshiper
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Quran: The Final Testament by Rashad Khalifa (2001)
"[24:3] The adulterer will end up marrying an adulteress or an idol worshiper, and the adulteress will end up marrying an adulterer or an idol worshiper. ..."
2. A Lone Woman in Africa: Six Years on the Kroo Coast by Agnes McAllister (1896)
"The idol worshiper, or devil worshiper, believes that, if he should turn away from his idol to the true God, his devil would, out of jealousy, ..."
3. A History of the Mental Growth of Mankind in Ancient Times by John Shertzer Hittell (1893)
"As the reader has seen in the text, the fetish worshiper and the idol worshiper are alike in worshiping ..."
4. Students and the World-wide Expansion of Christianity: Addresses Delivered by Fennell Parrish Turner (1914)
"The fetish worshiper in Africa, the idol worshiper in India, the Hindu mystic seeking to lose himself in the absolute, the Mohammedan absorbed in the effort ..."
5. History of the French Revolution by Thomas Carlyle (1883)
"... Man is a born idol-worshiper, sight worshiper, so sensuous- imaginative is he; and also partakes much of the nature of the ape. * Mercier, iv. 134. ..."
6. Missionary Review of the World (1898)
"... there are three villages, where, 30 years ago, there was not a single Christian, in which now it would be difficult to find un avowed idol worshiper. ..."
7. The Philippine Islands, 1493-1803: Explorations by Early Navigators by Emma Helen Blair, James Alexander Robertson, Edward Gaylord Bourne (1904)
"... and had made the people ready and active in all works of piety, it happened that a certain idol-worshiper of that island, a man of very high rank, ..."