Definition of Ignores
1. Verb. (third-person singular of ignore) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Ignores
1. ignore [v] - See also: ignore
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Ignores Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ignores
Literary usage of Ignores
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Virginian: A Horseman of the Plains by Owen Wister (1904)
"... XX THE JUDGE ignores PARTICULARS " Do you often have these visitations ? " Ogden inquired of Judge Henry. Our host was giving us whiskey in his office, ..."
2. Works of Thomas Hill Green by Thomas Hill Green (1894)
"... 's and though he insists much on what ignores, no one is likely to deny, that consciousness implies an objec- ^la Prm' tive as well as a subjective ..."
3. From Manassas to Appomattox: Memoirs of the Civil War in America by James Longstreet (1908)
"... Officers towards Bragg—He offers the Command to Longstreet—He declines—His Reasons—General Bragg ignores Signal-Service Reports and is surprised—General ..."
4. The Quarterly Review by William Gifford, John Taylor Coleridge, John Gibson Lockhart, Whitwell Elwin, William Macpherson, William Smith, John Murray, Rowland Edmund Prothero Ernle, George Walter Prothero (1902)
"van! should have been greeted by the French press and the French people, almost without exception, by a torrent of abuse which ignores not only common ..."
5. Diary of Gideon Welles, Secretary of the Navy Under Lincoln and Johnson by Gideon Welles (1911)
"... Commissioner to go to Alaska — Seward justifies Commander Roe in the Capture of Santa Anna — Stanton ignores the President in addressing a Communication ..."
6. The Catholic Encyclopedia: An International Work of Reference on the by Charles George Herbermann (1913)
"ts are mainly those of Positivism, which denies or ignores any reality beyond external facts, and recognizes no law except the successions, coexistences, ..."
7. Public Papers of George Clinton, First Governor of New York, 1777-1795, 1801 by George Clinton, Hugh Hastings, James Austin Holden (1904)
"Colonel Thomas Obeys Governor Clinton's Order and Colonel Drake ignores It. Salem, August the llth, 1781. Dear Governour, Colo. Benson's Letter of the 2d ..."