Definition of In large quantities
1. Adverb. On a large scale without careful discrimination. "I buy food wholesale"
In Large Quantities Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: In Large Quantities Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of In Large Quantities
Literary usage of In large quantities
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The British Journal of Dermatology by British Association of Dermatology (1907)
"... uniformly permeating them ; these granules are in large quantities within the cells, and are also scattered in the intra-cellular spaces. ..."
2. A Text-book of Pharmacology and Therapeutics by Arthur Robertson Cushny (1899)
"in large quantities, sugars, like other diffusible bodies, act as irritants to the ... It has slight aperient properties when taken in large quantities. ..."
3. Standard methods of chemical analysis: A Manual of Analytical Methods and by Wilfred Welday Scott (1917)
"MEASUREMENT OF GAS in large quantities. METERS Several types of instruments are available for this purpose. The wet meter The wet meter \ ,, ..."
4. The Talisman: A Tale of the Crusaders by Walter Scott (1878)
"As they were allowed to share freely in the wine, which flowed round in large quantities, their licensed tumult was the more excessive. ..."
5. The Popular Science Monthly by Harry Houdini Collection (Library of Congress) (1891)
"... as in .so many other -ity will prove the mother of invention. When the r can lie cheaply produced in large quantities, there is little ..."