Definition of In some way
1. Adverb. In some unspecified way or manner; or by some unspecified means. "He tried to make is someway acceptable"
In Some Way Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: In Some Way Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of In Some Way
Literary usage of In some way
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1919)
"(5) A place of business or pleasure shaped like a gallery or in some way analogous to it; as a photograph gallery, a shooting gallery. ..."
2. Dictionary of National Biography by LESLIE. STEPHEN (1889)
"He also seems to have been connected in some way with the families of Lord Burghley and the Earl of Leicester. In 1567 he was residing in Paris, ..."
3. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1904)
"The principal defendants get and publish these quotations in some way not disclosed. It i» said not to be proved that they get them wrongfully, ..."
4. The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge: Embracing by Johann Jakob Herzog, Philip Schaff, Albert Hauck (1909)
"Unfortunately it is not known whether landed property was partitioned or whether it all went to the eldest son, who then settled in some way with his ..."
5. The Confessions of an English Opium-eater by Thomas De Quincey (1913)
"hoping in some way to attract my sister's attention, I not only failed in that object, seeing no lights in any room which could naturally have been occupied ..."
6. Rural Rides in the Counties of Surrey, Kent, Sussex, Hants, Berks, Oxford by William Cobbett (1908)
"Whatever is the gain of one, must, in some way or other, be a loss to another. So that this new project of "free trade" and "mutual gain" is as pure a ..."
7. Systematic Theology: A Compendium and Commonplace-book Designed for the Use by Augustus Hopkins Strong (1907)
"All three, moreover, hold chat we are in some way responsible for Adam'ssin, though they differ as to the precise way In which we are related to Adam. ..."