Definition of Indefinite quantity
1. Noun. An estimated quantity.
Specialized synonyms: Addition, Gain, Increase, Bag, Breakage, Capacity, Catch, Haul, Correction, Fudge Factor, Containerful, Footstep, Pace, Step, Stride, Headspace, Large Indefinite Amount, Large Indefinite Quantity, Limit, Limitation, Limit, Limit Point, Point Of Accumulation, Output, Production, Yield, Neighborhood, Region, Outage, Reserve, Run, Small Indefinite Amount, Small Indefinite Quantity, Spillage, Spoilage, Tankage, Ullage, Top-up, Worth, Skinful, Dosage, Dose, Load, Load, Loading, Precipitation, Supply
Lexicographical Neighbors of Indefinite Quantity
Literary usage of Indefinite quantity
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1889)
"corporation to receive an indefinite quantity of lands, whether by purchase or gift, to be converted into money or held for any other purpose than those ..."
2. Lawyers' Reports Annotated by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1911)
"So, also, where an indefinite quantity or mass is sold at a certain price \»?T measure, upon a warranty that it is of a certain quality, it would seem that ..."
3. Proceedings by Philadelphia County Medical Society (1896)
"JOHN С. DA COSTA took exception to the statement made by Dr. Seiler, that it is the practice among gynecologists to prescribe an indefinite quantity of a ..."
4. University of Illinois Studies in Language and Literature (1917)
"Expressions of indefinite quantity. 5 69. Object expressions are used ... The phrases so formed may be described as expressions of indefinite quantity. ..."