Definition of Inevitable accident
1. Noun. A natural and unavoidable catastrophe that interrupts the expected course of events. "He discovered that his house was not insured against acts of God"
Generic synonyms: Calamity, Cataclysm, Catastrophe, Disaster, Tragedy
Lexicographical Neighbors of Inevitable Accident
Literary usage of Inevitable accident
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. United States Supreme Court Reports by United States Supreme Court, Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1911)
"362, holding In inevitable accident, neither being In fault, ... 313, 16 L. 701, holding collision through fault of one steamer, not inevitable accident; ..."
2. The Law of Railways: Embracing Corporations, Eminent Domain, Contracts by Isaac Fletcher Redfield (1867)
"inevitable accident. 2. To excuse carrier, force must be above human control, or that of public enemy. 3. Are insurers against fire, except by lightning. ..."
3. Lawyers' Reports Annotated by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company (1915)
"The expressions, 'act of God' and 'inevitable accident/ have sometimes been used in a similar sense, and as equivalent terms. But there is a distinction. ..."
4. The American and English Encyclopedia of Law by John Houston Merrill, Charles Frederic Williams, Thomas Johnson Michie, David Shephard Garland (1891)
"inevitable accident.3—Where no negligence or fault can be imputed to either vessel, it will be considered as inevitable accident, though not caused by storm ..."
5. Handbook of Admiralty Law by Robert Morton Hughes (1920)
"inevitable accident OR INSCRUTABLE FAULT 145. Where neither vessel is in fault, ... Meaning of "inevitable accident" A collision arising by inevitable ..."
6. Negligence in Law by Thomas Beven (1908)
"Neither ship is liable where the damage has arisen from inevitable Inevitable " inevitable accident " has been defined :e " Where one vessel doing a ..."
7. A Manual of Elementary Law: Being a Summary of the Well-settled Elementary by William Pinckney Fishback (1896)
"It is not equivalent to inevitable accident. The latter occurs when the cause of ... But if inevitable accident combine with any negligence in the person ..."
8. Judicial and Statutory Definitions of Words and Phrases by West Publishing Company (1904)
"That may be an unavoidable or inevitable accident which no foresight or protection of the ... The term "inevitable accident" as used to represent one of the ..."