Definition of Inferior epigastric vein
1. Noun. Empties into the external iliac vein.
Medical Definition of Inferior epigastric vein
Lexicographical Neighbors of Inferior Epigastric Vein
Literary usage of Inferior epigastric vein
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1907)
"Several centimeters to the left of the umbilicus the hand could feel an intense thrill, most marked over the left inferior epigastric vein; it was easily ..."
2. Anatomy, Descriptive and Applied by Henry Gray (1913)
"The inferior epigastric vein (v. epigastrica inferior; deep epigastric vein) is formed by the union of the venae comitantes of the inferior epigastric ..."
3. Oxford Loose-leaf Surgery by F. F. Burghard, Allen Buckner Kanavel (1921)
"... such as Posterior sheath of rectus Rectus abdominis muscle Inferior epigastric artery inferior epigastric vein—inner inferior epigastric vein—outer ..."
4. A Text-book of Clinical Anatomy for Students and Practitioners by Daniel Nathan Eisendrath (1903)
"4, Superficial inferior epigastric vein. 5, Deep inferior epigastric vein. 6, External iliac veins. 7, Femoral vein. The dotted portion below shows the ..."
5. Anatomical terminology, with special reference to the (B N A) by Lewellys Franklin Barker (1907)
"... hemorrhoidal vein Inferior hemorrhoidal veins Posterior scrotal veins External iliac veins inferior epigastric vein (OT deep epigastric) Deep circumflex ..."