¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Informativeness
1. [n -ES]
Lexicographical Neighbors of Informativeness
Literary usage of Informativeness
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Review of the Lake Ontario-St. Lawrence River Studies by Wstb, National Research Council, Royal Society of Canada (2006)
"Forecasting necessarily demands a tradeoff between the "security" of the forecast and the "informativeness" of the forecast. "Security" of the forecast ..."
2. Bond Market Development in Asia by Oecd, OECD Staff (2001)
"For a firm, the choice of which to use thus depends on the magnitude of the information problems it faces, and the informativeness of securities prices. ..."
3. SAS/Genetics(tm) 9.1.3 User's Guide by Wendy Czika, Xiang Yu, Virginia Clark, Rob Pratt (2005)
"PROC ALLELE calculates the PIC, heterozygosity, and allelic diversity measures that serve to give an indication of marker informativeness. ..."
4. SAS/Genetics 9.1 User's Guide by Wendy Czika, Xiang Yu, Virginia Clark, Rob Pratt (2004)
"High values of these measures are a sign of marker informativeness, which is a desirable property in linkage and association tests. ..."
5. The Pennsylvania Magazine of History and Biography by Historical Society of Pennsylvania (1877)
"Nothing remotely comparable to it in informativeness and sympathetic understanding was written about the Pennsylvania Germans during the eighteenth century. ..."
6. British Books in Print by J. Whitaker & Sons (1902)
"It is a model of lucidity and informativeness, and the profuse illustrations are admirably executed." Glasgow Herald. — "A useful little work for those who ..."
7. A History of Nursery Rhymesby Percy B. Green by Percy B. Green (1899)
"To-day.— " One of the hest guide hooks for visitors to London. It Is a model of lucidity and informativeness, and the profuse illustrations are ..."