Definition of Inner mongolia
1. Noun. An autonomous region of northeastern China that was annexed by the Manchu rulers in 1635 and became an integral part of China in 1911.
Generic synonyms: Province, State
Group relationships: Cathay, China, Communist China, Mainland China, People's Republic Of China, Prc, Red China
Terms within: Hohhot
Definition of Inner mongolia
1. Proper noun. An East Asian region, south of Outer Mongolia (the present Mongolian republic), with closely related native Mongolian population, mostly north of the Great Wall, which however became part of the Chinese empire, and later an autonomous region in the People's Republic of China, comprising several northern provinces ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Inner Mongolia Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Inner Mongolia Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Inner Mongolia
Literary usage of Inner mongolia
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Journal of International Law by American Society of International Law (1916)
"... state: "The term 'lease by negotiation' contained in Article 2 of the treaty respecting South Manchuria and Eastern inner mongolia signed this day shall ..."
2. The Geographical Journal by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain) (1907)
"THE LAO HO IN inner mongolia. By the Rev. JOHN HEDLEY. ... trip was recently undertaken by the writer into thote regions of inner mongolia (or Outer Chihli, ..."
3. Foreign Rights and Interests in China by Westel Woodbury Willoughby (1920)
"Eastern inner mongolia. The attempts of Russia to gain a paramount influence in Outer Mongolia have been duplicated by the efforts of Japan to bring Eastern ..."
4. Treaties and Agreements with and Concerning China, 1894-1919: A Collection by John Van Antwerp MacMurray (1921)
"The Japanese subjects shall have liberty to enter, reside, and travel in South Manchuria and Eastern inner mongolia, and to carry on business of various ..."
5. The Consortium: The Official Text of the Four-power Agreement for a Loan to by Great Britain, Division of International Law (1921)
"... be held or construed to operate to the prejudice of the special rights and interest possessed by Japan in South Manchuria and Eastern inner mongolia. ..."
6. The American Journal of International Law by American Society of International Law (1916)
"That Japanese subjects in South Manchuria and Eastern inner mongolia in erecting buildings for the purpose of trade and manufacture or for farming shall ..."
7. The American Year Book: A Record of Events and Progress by Francis Graham Wickware, (, Albert Bushnell Hart, (, Simon Newton Dexter North (1916)
"Group II: Manchuria and inner mongolia.—This group may be interpreted as an attempt by Japan to consolidate her interests in South Manchuria, obtained as a ..."