Definition of Instruction execution
1. Noun. (computer science) the process of carrying out an instruction by a computer.
Generic synonyms: Physical Process, Process
Category relationships: Computer Science, Computing
Specialized synonyms: Batch Processing, Concurrent Execution, Multiprogramming
Group relationships: Data Processing
Instruction Execution Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Instruction Execution Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Instruction Execution
Literary usage of Instruction execution
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Deconstructing the Computer: Report of a Symposium by Dale Weldeau Jorgenson, Charles W. Wessner (2005)
"Even in the mainframe days, it was well established that the relation between clock speed and instruction execution speed will shift with the instruction ..."
2. High-Performance Computing in Europe by Miroslaw Malek (1993)
"They range from bit-level concurrent processing and simultaneous execution of various functions (such as input/output, instruction execution, ..."
3. The Annual Register edited by Edmund Burke (1869)
"16000000 Guard National Mobile 5000000 Different services of the marine and colonies . . 2700000 Public instruction (execution of the new laws) . ..."
4. Compte général de l'administration de la justice criminelle en France by France Garde des sceaux (1884)
"DOREE DE L'INSTRUCTION. EXECUTION DES JUGEMENTS CORRECTIONNELS PORTANT CONDAMNATION Л L'EMPRISONNEMENT. DURÉE des procédures criminelles. ..."