Definition of Insurance agent
1. Noun. An agent who sells insurance.
Generic synonyms: Agent, Broker, Factor
Derivative terms: Underwrite
Insurance Agent Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Insurance Agent Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Insurance Agent
Literary usage of Insurance agent
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Insurance Almanac (1917)
"John Talbot, pioneer life insurance agent and promoter in Missouri and the ... Buckman, David L., life insurance agent, died at New York October 26 from ..."
2. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1922)
"Generally, where an insurance agent or broker undertakes to procure a policy ... While an insurance agent or broker is not obligated to assume the duty of ..."
3. Handbook of the Law of Insurance by William Reynolds Vance (1904)
"(Ch. 9 insurance agent, and what are the effects of the several modes of communication. Limitations upon Agent's Authority Contained in the Policy. ..."
4. A Digest of the Decisions of the Courts of Last Resort of the Several States by Stewart Rapalje (1891)
"An insurance agent with power to solicit, receive, and report applications has no power to ... An insurance agent who is also employed by the owner of ..."
5. Reports of Cases Decided in the Supreme Court of the State of Oregon by Oregon Supreme Court (1922)
"Insurance—Agent to Solicit has no Authority to Bind Company. ... Construction of clause in standard policy providing that insurance agent must have written ..."
6. A Treatise on the Law of Agency in Contract and Tort: Including Special by George Louis Reinhard (1902)
"Liability of insurance agent to his principal.—For any violation of his duty to his principal, an insurance agent is, of course, liable to such principal in ..."