Definition of Intelligence activity
1. Noun. The operation of gathering information about an enemy.
Specialized synonyms: Spying, Undercover Work, Current Intelligence, Combat Intelligence, Tactical Intelligence, Strategic Intelligence, Sigint, Signals Intelligence, Clandestine Operation, Overt Operation, Reconnaissance, Reconnaissance Mission, Counterintelligence
Generic synonyms: Information Gathering
Intelligence Activity Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Intelligence Activity Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Intelligence Activity
Literary usage of Intelligence activity
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Electronic Intrusion Threat to National Security and Emergency ...by DIANE Publishing Company by DIANE Publishing Company (1998)
"... SWORD, USNWR) EXHIBIT 2-4 Countries With Foreign intelligence activity Countries With Significant Intelligence Operations Cuba Peoples Republic of China ..."
2. Report of the Congressional Committees Investigating the Iran/Contra Affair by Lee H. Hamilton, Daniel K. Inouye (1995)
"(3) report in a timely fashion...any illegal intelligence activity " Notwithstanding efforts in 1980 to broaden its scope of coverage, what became Section ..."
3. The Military Dictionary (1987)
"In clandestine activities, a person (agent), normally a foreign national, in the employ of an intelligence activity for intelligence purposes. 3. ..."
4. Protecting Critical Information & Technology: Proceedings of the Fourth by DIANE Publishing Company (1997)
"Clandestine foreign intelligence activity in the United States. 6. Foreign intelligence activities involving the targeting of US intelligence and foreign ..."